[Plugin: BuddyPress Template Pack] The instructions are not 'step by step' – MESSAGE TO TH
This is for the developers. I cannot find any other way to contact them – and perhaps others have comment and can perhaps clarify the issue I’m having with the instructions.
The instructions need to be clearer as they actually don’t make any sense. They are not step by step as described on the plugin directory page, but just randomly written onto the page.
Here’s what is wrong with the text (step by step)
1) Fixing alignment. OK, I think I get this – is it a step?
2) I think step two is ‘FTP to your site’s theme’… OK
3) Look at you existing themes page.php – OK, makes sense
4) “You will need to change the HTML structure in the BuddyPress templates that you copied into your theme to match the structure in your page.php or index.php file. The files that you need to edit are as follows (leave out any folders you have not copied over in step two):”
Wait? Copy what? I haven’t copied anything – what goes where? What is step 2?
5) So, I need to update these files: /activity/index.php etc.
Where are they???
To the developer, please make your instructions an ordered list, so it is actually step by step and clarify what is going on in (my) step 4.
I have read this over and over and cannot fathom what your instructions are supposed to mean from step 4. I wish you luck, this plug in is a great idea if it actually works. I’d be keen to try it out.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: BuddyPress Template Pack] The instructions are not 'step by step' – MESSAGE TO TH’ is closed to new replies.