Support » Plugin: Aesop Story Engine » Plugin broke my admin dashboard

  • cmaddux

    (@cmaddux)


    This plugin is great when it works. Thankfully, I didn’t invest money into it, as I wanted to see how the free version would fit my needs. I discovered, unfortunately, to use the plugin on the front end, you have to put money into a year subscription, which is a little disappointing, but nonetheless I was considering doing so because I’ve been searching for a plugin and/or program that would allow my writers to post content in chapter format without having to post to my site on a continual basis for one story.

    After having it installed for a week, I attempted to log into my dash only to receive an error message with this plugin’s file name preventing me access.

    I’m already pretty skeptical about using certain plugins because my site is community based and I need my members to be able to access and upload their content safely. When I saw this error code, I had to go into my FTP and rename the file so I could log into my admin dashboard. The moment I did, everything returned to normal. I was finally able to deactivate the plugin and I will be deleting it.

    So, the idea of the plugin is excellent, but trust was immediately broken when I discovered it was blocking access to my dash. This may have been due to the very recent update it received, but I have my accounts set up where I have to manually approve any updates to my site for reasons like this. It updated on its on, and that’s a red flag for me, as well.

    So, hence the one star.

    • This topic was modified 11 months ago by cmaddux.
  • The topic ‘Plugin broke my admin dashboard’ is closed to new replies.