I loaded WP Security to my site this afternoon.
I made a backup (no idea how to apply it)
I started going through the findings and checking things. Not halfway through with the checklist, my site began to not load pages. Now I cannot log in to the back end.
The front-end error message is, “Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache Server at mywebsite.com Port 80″
What I’ve tried to recover my site
– I tried to rename the theme folder to no avail.
– I then deleted the amended WP Security .htaccess file and replaced it with my original .htaccess file. Still no website.
– I then renamed the plugins folder via ftp
– Accessed my site-plugins via backend
– My site, less key features (plug-ins)appeared to be up again.
– Attempted to activate Better WP-Security (so I could send a support ticket per the authors install video) and Akismet plugin
– My site has crashed again.
In his install video, the author of this plugin says to click on support to go to his website for support as he does NOT monitor WordPress.org forums.
This is also stated on his Bit5.com website.
On another part of his website, he then states that he does not support support emails and only checks support topics on WordPress.com. The author also states he is not responsible for any problems his plugin may cause.
I have a problem and I need some help please.
At this point, my site has crashed, contacting the author seems like going in circles and I don’t have a solve for this.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: Better WP Security] Better WP-Security Crashed My Site’ is closed to new replies.