Support » Plugin: BC oAuth » [Plugin: BC oAuth] Google login reports incorrect identity

  • While setting up Google authentication, I noticed that Google was incorrectly reporting the site’s identity as “”.

    I was able to fix this by updating /Classes/Google.php on line 63, from this:

    'xoauth_displayname' => '',

    to this:

    'xoauth_displayname' => $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'],

    You might also consider adding an extra plugin setting at the top for “Site Identity”… in the event site admins want or need to enter custom values.

    BTW, I absolutely LOVE how clean the plugin is. Truly, your code is art. 🙂

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • I was curious about a Google warning on login and did some extra digging around Google’s oAuth documentation. It turns out that 'xoauth_displayname' is specifically only required for applications, and should be left out completely for websites. When I commented the line out, Google’s “scary” warning disappeared and everything works perfectly.

    I also changed the scope from Google Contacts to Gmail, which makes more sense IMO.

    Gmail Scope:‘,

    Plugin Author bettercodes


    Hi Veraxus,

    thank your for your improvements. I will implement your changes asap and release a bugfix version of the plugin.

    It tastes so good that you like my code 🙂

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘[Plugin: BC oAuth] Google login reports incorrect identity’ is closed to new replies.