I am using the BBPress with WPML to create multilingual forums in three languages.
I am using the default setup, with a total of 9 forums (3 english, 3 spanish translations, 3 portuguese translations) where each forum exists in each language.
The permalinks for creating new forums works just great, but I have run into a huge issue while trying to create new forum topics in any language without using the dashboard itself:
The permalinks for the new topics created in any language but english are not being prefixed with the ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE / assigned the language of the parent forum.
– You end up on a 404 when submitting the new topic.
– When you refresh the forum, you are automatically on the english version of the site.
– The post shows up on the english translation of the forum even though it was posted to the Spanish one.
– It’s URL is an incomplete permalink that points to the topic slug base.
For links, I am using the WPML option “Different languages in directories”, and using pretty permalinks for the site.
I am pretty good at templates, but this can’t be solved by templating, as something is going wrong when the topic is being created. I have researched as much as I can, and can’t locate a solution. It would be very troublesome to change our site to use subdomains instead.
I need to be able to save new topics to the correct language, and to prefix the permalink URL of forum topics with the ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE, as would be expected!
Is this possible?
- The topic ‘[Plugin: bbPress] Forum topics, permalinks and ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE’ is closed to new replies.