It did not put the custom excerpts on the home page, it calculated them. I want to use the custom excerpts that I wrote. That could possibly be what someone wants, but it has another problem.
It strips out the formatting on the posts themselves. So, if I go to a single post page, I get a giant block of text. The
and <p> are stripped out.
I turned off ALL OTHER PLUG-INs too, to make sure it wasn't incompatible with one of them.
So, ... this plug-in is unusable.
Incidentally, it did the same thing 6 months ago on whatever the current WP was back then, but I didn't report it. AND IT'S TILL BROKE.