A first version of this facility is now in the development version as an Extra called 'Import/Export' - I'll probably change the name at some point!
Currently it has three options,
- Search -> to search for all shortcodes
- Test -> To display what it will replace the shortcodes with
- Replace -> To actual replace the post content
The Replace option is currently hard coded to only work on the very latest post in the WordPress database.
I have not addressed the AWS throttling issue yet...
I have created a drop down list of things to replace the shortcode with:
- Static content - Expand the Shortcode into static content (Not reversible)
- Hidden Shortcodes - Replace shortcodes with HTML that won't display in your posts (this is reversable)
- Hidden Shortcode containing Static Content - A combination of the first two (this is reversible)
- Remove Shortcode - Just delete all shortcodes from posts (Not reversible)
Still very much work in progress!