[Plugin: AllWebMenus WordPress Menu Plugin] Three different menus on my blog.
Your menu plugin seems to support many cases but I am not sure If I can do the following:
I want to use 3 different menus on my blog. I see that you do have support for multiple menus but can each menu have a different “population” method and styling?
For example, I want the 2 menus to be dynamically populated with posts from my WordPress blog but the 3rd one should use my own items (actually links to other websites, etc. that are NOT posts). Also, one of these menus should be vertical with “sliding” submenus while the 2 other ones are horizontal “normal” menus.
Is this setup possible to do with an “allweb menus” project?
yes, all these are possible with AllWebMenus.
1. AllWebMenus supports multiple menus, you can use as many menus on the same blog as you like. You just need to create 3 separate AllWebMenus projects, one for each of your menus. Then, you specify that you have 3 menus by adding 2 extra menus in the “Settings” page of the Plugin. Each one will refer to a different menu project.
2. Concerning your question about the menu items, the 3rd menu should use the “Static” population method while the other 2 menus should use the “Dynamic” one. If you are not aware of what these methods are please read below:
The WordPress plugin supports 3 menu population methods:
– “Dynamic” population: The menu is populated with items dynamically (online), based on a WordPress menu. The AllWebMenus project is used to provide only the styling/behaviors of the menu; not its items.
– “Static” population: The menu is populated with items edited within AllWebMenus only. Any changes to your online website do not affect your menu items. So, AllWebMenus provides both the structure and the styling/behaviors of the menu.
– “Mixed” population: This is a mix of “Dynamic” and “Static”. The menu is populated both with items edited within AllWebMenus and with items created online (through a WordPress menu).
3. For “sliding” submenus, you can choose the “Sliding” option at the related “Type” property of the AllWebMenus project and you will have a “sliding menu”. The same applies for the “vertical” or “horizontal” type.
Let us know if you need any further help.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: AllWebMenus WordPress Menu Plugin] Three different menus on my blog.’ is closed to new replies.