Do you have a repo that I can fork/clone? GIT, SVN, Mercurial?
- We are using Github. Our premium version is not licensed under GPL. It has proprietary license. I'll explain below the reasons why we are not using GPL for premium version. I can provide you access to our github repository but you should know that the plugin cannot be sold, renamed, or changed in anyway without Timely permission. You are free to contribute code to our system and we will list all the changes contributed by you and credit will always be given.
Why Premium is not using GPL?
- We initially had only one version of the plugin, the WP version. Everything was going great until one day we found that people started to fork our plugin and sell it. GPL license didn't give us any protection against that, it's not that we are after money, it is that we don't want our users to pay for something that is free. So we moved from WordPress version to e Premium version that is copyrighted under Timely and is protected with a patent. This way we have control over people who want to exploit the community. We only want our plugin to be distributed freely + we don't want different forks of it around. We try to listen to everyone who want to add changes and thus we believe that one fork can cover all needs.
- Excellent question. We have nightly builds. It is just that you are the first person who has requested that which is great :) I'll make our nightly builds live on time.ly and provide you with a link.
A setting to fetch updates from a nightly builds server
- Not yet, we have a dev version and such a setting can qualify in there.
Not sure how much you would like the code to be considered open, though. Even though your plugin is free
- It is open so you can use it, except you cannot sell it :)