[Plugin: Ajax Post Carousel] Feedback – Good Start, but many bugs
I like where this module is headed. I’m looking for a plugin that has similar capabilities to the http://www.huffingtonpost.com/matt-sledge/hacking-the-kindle_b_805619.html?ir=Books top slider which is an ajax loading slider of posts. This plugin essentially does the same.
However, it doesn’t seem ready for production due to the following bugs:
1) Titles aren’t wrapped (they should be the width of the image). Of course, we can fix this in CSS.
2) Ajax content doesn’t seem to be loading in. When I set it to display 3 and preload 3, clicking next doesn’t load any more. It seems occasionally it loads more and other times it doesn’t showing nothing. This seems to be due to dummyimage.com loading time.
3) Sometimes when I select to show 3, it loads 3 for a split second and then only shows 2
4) It shows a bunch of errors on install and requires commenting out: //error_reporting(E_ALL);
5) Occasionally the left arrow disappears
-Option to pick the type of thumbnail to load so users can pick a size.
-Option to get the category or tag ID and use that to load related posts. For example, if on a ‘tutorial’ category, shows posts from that category.
-Option to pick your own dummy image or to not display a dummy image at all. Requesting an outside website to create a dummy image isn’t ideal.
Overall, it’s very inconsistent. However, I’d love to test any updates. If you’re able to provide consistant functionality, similar to the huffington posts slider, it’ll be a great plugin that I foresee others using.
Keep up the great work! You’re close.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: Ajax Post Carousel] Feedback – Good Start, but many bugs’ is closed to new replies.