Version 1.0 beta has been released for those interested in testing and confirming the functionality as described below. Before I begin listing the functionality, please review these procedures to ensure the testing process runs smoothly.
- I recommend testing beta versions with data you can afford to lose or easily restore. In other words, don’t test this on your live site – consider yourself warned.
- If you do not have SSH or direct access to your file system, you will need to be able to install/uninstall the plugin via ftp client.
- If you find a bug, please report it in the issue tracker – check to see that they haven’t already been reported by someone else and please be very complete in your description of the issue, what you expected to happen versus what actually happened
- If you have an idea for a new feature or an improvement to existing
functionality – please report it in the issue tracker – and first check to see that they haven’t already been reported by someone else.
- Only links to patches for the beta will be announced here – but to help maintain order bugs will only be discussed on the issue tracker.
- At this time, plugin translators are invited to update existing language files.
- If you have not already done so, please take a few moments to complete this feedback form. Your answers will help determine future plugin development. Please submit your responses only once, multiple submissions are automatically excluded.
- added support for daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly repeating events
- added option to toggle mousescroll on administrative calendar
- added month and year dropdown selectors for fast navigation
- added option to modify calendar time slot intervals (5, 10, 15, 30 and 60 minute options)
- added new [eventlist] shortcode to replace upcoming events widget, can be added to a text widget or page content
- [eventlist] shortcode can be added to a text widget or page content with [optional parameters] (default value in parenthesis)
- added eventlist optional parameter [categories=”1,2,3″] (all) display events from specified category id(s)
- added eventlist optional parameter [excluded=true] (false) exclude categories listed in the categories parameter
- added eventlist optional parameter [start=”yyyy-mm-dd”] (today) display events starting on or after the specified date
- added eventlist optional parameter [end=”yyyy-mm-dd”] (1 year from today) display events ending on or before the specified date
- added eventlist optional parameter [limit=15] (4) limit events displayed to the specified quantity
- added eventlist optional parameter [whitelabel=true] (false) renders events without category colors
- added eventlist optional parameter [noresults=”No Results”] (“No Upcoming Events”) message displayed when no events are returned
- added calendar optional parameter [height=200] (75% of width) assigns a minimum pixel height
- added calendar optional parameter [mini=true] (false) renders a minicalendar, textless events, hides view options, hides category filter, and sets calendar height to 200px
- fixed compatability conflict with easy fancybox plugin (Hat Tip: Raven)
- fixed month calendar shortcode option when set to current month
- fixed rtl localization admin menu position bug
- fixed mousescroll for week and day view
- fixed show event detail address layout
- fixed critical IE bug
- updated plugin options page layout and text
- updated filter css hover state
- moved options page position into calendar menu
- moved help text into options page sidebar
- removed menu position to avoid plugin collisions, the Calendar menu is now located below Settings
- added branding
Sent firsts quick tests on tracker and translated italian version that was full of mistakes.
Where can I send the translation when will be finished? (mine it is but there are some strings missed on original translation file, also tracked, so I wait for the definitive english version).
Once all text issues have been resolved, post the link to your translation file in the issue tracker as “Type-Localization”.
Hello I installed version 1.0, but I have a problem.
close the window when taking the form of event details, I can not.
Could you give me a hand.
Post the problem on the issue tracker as described above with COMPLETE details.
v1.0 beta (patch 5) has been released, containing all 1.0 tagged fixes listed in the issue tracker.
Download the beta patch here:
Once you install the latest version, before you begin testing, make sure that you see
v1.0beta5at the bottom of your administrative calendar, otherwise you will not be testing the latest release.
In the process of addressing certain fixes, I also added the following:
* copy event functionality
* repeating event indicator on in-calendar events
* several translation updates
Please continue to post any issues you may find in the issue tracker.
Email notifications are sent for beta and translation notices:
If you do not receive beta notifications and want to, please read the instructions in this thread’s first post and indicate your interest in the survey.
Before I start testing the beta release can you advise whether the new beta version includes the option to turn off the times column on the left in ‘week’ view?
Yes it does, a new view option called basicWeek.
How do I set the ‘basicWeek’ option?
Also, does the beta include a day view option for the front end so that all events for that day could be listed?
All working fine so far with no errors.
Ok. Managed to get the basicWeek option going but it only works on the first refresh of the page where the calendar is viewed. When you click on the Week button it reverts back to the old view with the times column on the left. Presume this is a bug.
Found the Day button but this does not seem to do anything. Does it only work with a minimum number of events?
Instructions for shortcode options:
All posts about the beta should be made on the issue tracker.
v1.0 beta (patch 6) has been released, containing all 1.0 tagged fixes listed in the issue tracker. Unless major defects are discovered, this will be the final update prior to the official release.
Attention translators: in this patch I had to modify two strings (one for clarity and one for consistency with prior versions).
That said, most translations have not yet been updated. Those will be integrated into the plugin as they are received.
Download the beta patch here:
AEC v1.0 beta RC-1 (release candidate 1) has been released… containing all 1.0 tagged fixes listed in the issue tracker.
This release includes:
* a style fix for all day events
* a fix for lost category colors on plugin upgrade
* other date fixes for all-day events
Once you install the latest version, before you begin testing, make sure that v1.0RC-1 appears at the bottom of all calendars and eventlists, otherwise you won’t be testing the latest release.
As indicated above, all issues and translation submissions should be made to the issue tracker.
Great work! Is it possible to add a shortcode option to add a filter for the city from location? I’m using the eventlist.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: Ajax Event Calendar] Beta Release 1.0’ is closed to new replies.