I've been trying to pinpoint the root cause of a delay on my site. my site is fast, I've eliminated a bunch of things on there and it's on a hosting solution with cdn.
Despite my homepage loading up real fast ( using a couple of different sites to benchmark) one thing it didn't measure, but that i could experience was when i click on any link on the page. it would delay about 6 seconds ( my mouse cursor would turn form an arrow to a spinning circle while it waited) and then load the page( and load it fast). I've used a bunch of plugins to make the site faster and i couldn't figure out what was causing it and i check out another site that used the same theme and it didn't have this problem. A systematic shutdown of all my plugins and reactivation and testing leads me to conclude that this plugin is causing the delay.
A pity. it was quite handy!