Thank you for posting in the NextGEN Gallery support forum! Please read this and follow these guidelines before opening a new topic:
First, download and install the most recent version of NextGEN Gallery from the plugin page and check if your problem still exists. Be sure to clear your browser cache after install.
Second, search the forums for similar threads and see if any of the proposed solutions work for you.
Third, to test what’s wrong, disable all your other plugins and switch to a default WordPress Twenty series theme for a bit. Clear your browser cache, and if the problem persists, open a new topic. If not, figure out which plugin is the cause of the problem by activating each, one by one, and then open a topic mentioning which plugin caused the error.
Finally, if you decide to open a new topic, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use this template:
– WordPress up to date?
– NextGEN up to date?
– What version of NextGEN Gallery did you upgrade from? (i.e. I had 1.9.13, then upgraded to 2.0.61)
(please confirm the following, with your server host tech) :
– MySQL up to date (at least 5.0)?
– PHP up to date (at least 5.2.4)?
– The mod_rewrite Apache module activated?
– PHP Safe Mode OFF?
Additional information that will help us find a solution:
– Who are you hosted with?
– What theme are you running?
– Which plugins do you have installed and activated?
– Does this error still occur if you switch your theme to a WordPress Twenty series theme and deactivate all plugins except NextGEN Gallery? (please be sure to clear your browser cache and reload your site after deactivating)
Please do not post your support questions here in this topic. Please refer to above instructions and create your new topic at the forum home where directed in this screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/ilRFFEX0BE . Thanks!
– The Photocrati Team
- The topic ‘Please READ THIS before you open a new topic. Thanks!’ is closed to new replies.