Hi guys, I desperately need your help! Been trying all day and yesterday to set up my new WP via self hosting to no avail.
To give a bit of background:
* I originally had my blog on wordpress.com (girlmeetssugar.wordpress.com)
* I purchased a domain name from namecheap.com (girlmeetssugar.com)
* Changed name servers on namecheap to point to wordpress.com's servers
* Had to buy a domain mapping registration on wordpress.com for $12 so that my new domain would link up to my blog.
All of the above has worked out fine - no issues at all for the last few weeks.
I decided to self host my wordpress so I purchased hosting with iPage and installed wordpress.
* I changed my name servers at namecheap to point to ipage's name servers
* I went into my wordpress.com account and deleted my domain mapping from girlmeetssugar.com
The problem is here -- when I try to log into girlmeetssugar.com/wp-admin it takes me to the log in page for wordpress.com
Why is it doing this? Does anyone know how to fix this?