have about 2 equations i need to translate from excel to calculated fields forms input.
I have listed the equations below but one of them is: =IF(D7>0,IF(E7<28800,7200,E7*0.25),0)
and someone has written it in English for me but im still having trouble translating it to Java.
IF cell D7 (the active months column) has a value greater than 0, AND IF cell E7 (the hours column) has a value less than 28,800, THEN, that cell should equal 7,200. If it isn’t less that 28800, then it should be cell E7 x 0.25. Finally, if cell D7 has a value less than one, it should be 0.
Basically i have a form with 5 fields.
- Number of employees
- Months Active (the amount of months they are at work per year) –
- the amount of hours worked each month – =SUM(C7)*8*D7*30 – I managed to figure this one out
- The dollar value per month – =IF(C7>=1,IF(C7*8*30*0.25<600,600,C7*8*30*0.25),0)
- the dollar value per year – =IF(C7>=1,IF(C7*8*30*0.25<600,600,C7*8*30*0.25),0)
And i need the above equation to take the values from the number of employees and months active and then run them through those calculations and spit out the total monthly and yearly dollar value.
if anyone could help me out id really appreciate it. If im kind of asking too much (cause im not sure how hard or easy this is supposed to be) than you can tell me to go back to school and i wont be offended 🙂
Thanks in advance 🙂
- The topic ‘Please help me write this equation that came from Excel’ is closed to new replies.