I am in the process of migtrating my website from Frontpage 03, and 2 blogs from WP.com to WP.org. I have installed WP into a subcategory and am working on moving over all of the content and am running into a few problems.
1) import from wp.com –
* First – I have to seperate wp.com blogs. I want to import them into their own page on WP.org. I tried to import the first one and everything dumped into the Home page. How do I get it to it’s own page?
* Second – when I imported the first file, there was a fatal error saying that it ran out of memory. I have plenty of space in my hosting site. What memory are they talking about? How do I get ALL of my posts?
2) Theme help – I am looking for something relatively simple:
* customizable header
* ability to have an introduction on each page which stays on top and then additional posts below it.
I don’t think I am asking too much, but perhaps I’m not looking for the right attributes in a theme?
For reference, below are my current sites:
current website on FrontPage: http://www.reneerox.com I like
blog #1 on wp.com: http://reneerox.wordpress.com/
blog #2 on wp.com: http://campingreview.wordpress.com/
and this is my new wp.org site: http://www.reneerox.com/wordpress/
I’m sure I will have more questions as I work my way through this so any help would be greatly appreciated
- The topic ‘Please help gettng started, importing and choosing a theme???’ is closed to new replies.