About the site:
I know my site is going to be large, well over a 100 pages and maybe into the 1000’s. It is a Bible Study site.
The site is 100% all pages and no posts.
Most pages are sub-pages under parent pages.
Right now I am using the post name for permalink setting.
1. I read that using post name only can cause the site to slow down after awhile, since it creates too many rules for the server to go through calling up a URL.
2. That this problem has been fixed in Word Press 3.3
3. Other sites say it is best to start with a numeric number anyhow.
4. Using a numeric number on a large site the number would become bulky
1)Has the issue been fixed with WordPress 3, and I can just use the post name? Fingers crossed.
2) Do I need to use numeric number before the post name?
a)Would it be better to use the post ID post name?
b)How would I do that?
3)If I can use the numeric number after the post name, then could I just use numeric under common settings?
I’m thinking more about functionality, speed, and bandwidth at this point in time.
What good is a site even for my own personal use if it takes too long to load?
This issue is making my head spin even without taking into consideration the SEO aspect of things. I don’t think I’ll ever wrap my head around that.
Sorry this was so long. I tried to make it as easy to read as possible.
Thanks for any replies.