[Resolved] Loading speed of plugin compared to Sociable, part 2
Please dont mark my issue as Resolved without my agreement.
I could not undo your marking of my issue of Resolved so I am going to repost.
My issue that you resolved/dismissed is at:
For sake of convenience I will repeat my post here:
In using some web site loading testers, it has been reported that the Social Media Feather plugin is not that fast.
To get some real data, I did the following:
1) I installed the Sociable sharing plugin
1a) I config’d it to display about 10 buttons plus Like buttons
2) I already had Social Media Feather plugin installed and placed the widget in the sidebar
3) I installed P3 – Plugin Performance Profiler plugin and ran it.
Here are the results of loading times:
Sociable – 0.0326 seconds
Social Media Feather – 0.1279 seconds
Ie Social Media Feather is about 4 times slower than Sociable, even though Sociable loads more buttons and gets Like quantity info.
Could you please comment on this?
Your response was:
“That P3 Plugin is fairly unreliable in terms of “performance” measurements. I’m not sure what criteria it uses but they’re not really significant”
So, you are not sure how it works / what criteria it uses, but you are willing to mark my issue as Resolved without knowing how these results were generated?
I also wonder what the devs of P3 plugin would have to say about your comment, as well as the users of the 165,504 downloads, and the users who overall rated the plugin at 4.7 out of 5 stars.
I have asked them to comment since it seems you nor I understand how their plugin works.
Then you say:
“Another user brought this up some time ago and came to the same conclusion.”
The user has this to say:
“Well, I didn’t use pingdom cuz it costs money, I found a free alternative – it’s not very good, but assuming it’s at least slightly accurate, the average of 5 tests with your plugin enabled and 5 without actually loaded slightly faster with it enabled.
So pretty inconclusive results but would support your argument that the P3 plugins results were maybe a bit misleading!”
So in other words:
1) He did not use pingdom
2) He did not test your plugin against Sociable
3) He states “pretty inclusive results”
So you have marked my issue as Resolved even though:
1) You not knowing how P3 works (if you, as you say, do not know the criteria it uses, then you do not know how it works)
2) The other user NOT comparing your plugin against Socialble
3) The other user NOT using Pingdom
4) The other user says “Inconclusive”
5) And lastly, without giving me the opportunity to do further testing, or as me being the original poster, allowing me to mark my own issue as resolved, when I think it would be.
PS I do not think this issue is Resolved, even though you marked it as so.
I do a bit of support in the WordPress forum and I would never mark someome else’s issue as resolved in this way.
I dont appreciate you marking my issue as resolved and frankly I feel you dismissed my issue. You did this based on not knowing how the P3 plugin works, referring me to an inconclusive post, and without providing any real data, explanation or opportunity to discuss.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Loading speed of plugin compared to Sociable, part 2’ is closed to new replies.