FINAL OUTCOME & SUMMARY:
1. I have a theme that I adore, it has a home page slider widget built in, that will play video, but, only video hosted by YouTube or Vimeo.
2. I want greater control over how the video is played and I do not wish to deliver a prospective client to the mega-huge distraction and environment that is YouTube, nor do I wish to deliver them to my competition.
3. The problem here is that the WP theme will not support/allow the use of a URL directly from an Amazon S3 account, I am guessing that the home page slider widget has no pathway/code/language to tell it to use a video player, because no video player is resident in the theme itself, ... also the shortcode language/string will not work in the home page slider widget either ... meaning the [jwplayer file="xxx.mp4"] code/string, ...
4. And telling the theme to use a certain video player would require embedding a video player within the theme, which is a much more advanced undertaking.
5. In this case, what is working, is a simple WP Text Widget, with the use of simple shortcode ... [jwplayer file="https://s3.amazonaws.com/MyFileBucket/TodayTest-2014-03-18-1-33-PM-File.mp4"] ... the brackets are part of the 'shortcode' string that you will use in a page/post/simple text widget, etcetera.
6. This is a workaround. Using a simple text widget defeats the features of the theme and its very nice built-in, five-slider widget, a total bummer. This issue is causing me to NOT be able to use my true/default home page with all its features, namely, the home page slider widget, and the home page border bar, and other widgets that sit on the home page bottom left and the home page bottom right.
7. I spent a day looking for other free themes, as I need to try before I buy the theme, since the needs are specific, ... very few video-centric free working themes are out there, at this time, ones that will support an Amazon S3 hosted video.
8. In the end, I opted to stay with my current theme, create a new, 'default' page setting home page, that means a home page that is really just another 'new page' and get over the loss of, and access to, my home page widgets.
9. To replace the feature of the slider, I tried out six to eight different slider plugins, joy, what a hassle, ... the best fit, in my case, was Cyclone Slider 2.
10. In summation, to answer the original question posed, ... "With this plugin, would I be able to play a video that is hosted in an Amazon S3 Account, by copy/pasting the URL link from within the S3 bucket/account/file, into the home page slider widget, that requests a URL?" ... the answer is NO, you will not be able to play the video on your home page, inside of your home page slider widget, because your home page slider widget does not have code/language/video player function built-in to be able, to play a video hosted by an Amazon S3 Account.
11. But you can situate your video in a simple text widget, BUT, the simple text widget where the video is functional, does not behave well on the home page, and in fact, there is no control over where the simple text widget sits on the home page, (it sits at the left margin), and if it at least, would sit in the center, I might be able to limp along, and settle, but it doesn't.
12. The best workaround is, making a random new page/home page and arranging the modular components and structure of the page, using the features that will work in the environment.
13. Yes, JW Player is playing the video, not where, and in exactly the place, and widget that I wanted, but the video is playing.
14. Thank you very much JW Player for all of your tedious, time-consuming attention, to my quirky little issues, it is so very recognized and appreciated.
15. This ticket is now closed.