Support » Localhost Installs » Php migration problem 5.4 to 7.3

  • alexzen

    (@alexzen)


    Hi all,

    I have been trying for a few days to completely migrate my wordpress 4.9.13 site currently on a Debian 6 php 5.4.45 / Mysql 5.1.73 VM to a Debian 9 php7.3 / MariaDB 10.1 VM.

    Once the site migrated, I have a memory allocation problem, I changed the values in php.ini or in wp-config without success.

    I disabled all plugins, I selected the default theme but still the same errors.

    The site has not changed address and yet my media library is empty. I can’t add an image either.

    I tried to redo the permalinks but it doesn’t work for all that. The .htaccess file seems correct to me.

    The rights on the files on the server also.

    I don’t know what to test anymore 🙁

    Many thanks in advance for your help.

    • This topic was modified 2 months ago by alexzen.
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Moderator Yui

    (@fierevere)

    ゆい

    what kind of memory problems do you have?
    where does it appear? can you quote error log messages?

    alexzen

    (@alexzen)

    Hi !

    You can see some screens here : link dropbox

    Thanks for all

    alexzen

    (@alexzen)

    I continue my tests.
    I installed a fresh install of WP 4.9.13 version on the Debian 9 VM with the theme. It works. I import the database and nothing works anymore. I tested by installing mysql server instead of MariaDB, same problem. I tested by importing from the command line instead of phpmyadmin, same problem. I tested using the Duplicator plugin, same problem.
    So it does not come from the theme or from a plugin.
    I despair because I really need to migrate my site which is 10 years old now.
    I don’t understand where the problem may come from.
    The articles remain unavailable, the read option leads to an empty page or a memory problem (when the Debug mode is activated) :/

    alexzen

    (@alexzen)

    I think I have isolated the problem. I installed a fresh install of WP in 4.9.13, without plugin and without themes, everything works.
    I import the wp_posts table (7000 lines), the site becomes unavailable again. Unable to browse articles or add media.
    I launch an SQL request to keep only one line corresponding to an article and it works again.
    So I’m thinking of a resource or optimization problem.
    Hoping to clear up the problem

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.