Running v2.0.2. I’ve been troubleshooting for 10 days a mystery — the symptoms:
– a new post via xmlrpc results in a null response [using ecto application]
– the new post is saved in mySQL, but tagged as “draft”
I immediately retested using WP direct interface wp-admin/post.php getting the same results. The browser page refreshes with a blank screen. NB, the URL is not changed to wp-admin/post.php?posted=true as it should be, so the PHP code did not complete normally.
Obviously the problem isn’t xmlrpc.
– using the PHP admin interface I can change the new post status from draft to “published”, save it – then the post displays normally
– using /edit.php or /post.php I cannot delete the any post [no errors, but the browser page doesn’t repaint]. I can simulate a delete using /edit.php to change status to “draft”.
I can of course delete the posts directly in mySQL.
To troubleshoot, I cloned the exact, entire WP install directory, seekerblog.com/www/ into my “test” install seekerblog.com/www/test/. The http://seekerblog.com/test/ instance works fine in all regards [except dbms state is only Mar 15,2006].
Bottom line unless I’ve missed something,  works fine,  fails where:
1] main instance, WordPress Address & Blog Address both point to http://seekerblog.com
2] test instance, WordPress Address & Blog Address both point to http://test/seekerblog.com
3] both directories are identical, though mySQL post tables are not up to date in the seekertest instance.
4] I also got a null differences result from comparing my existing main directory to my local master version of the 2.0.2 installation.
What else is different? The excellent support folk at luxsci.com replied
“The only thing that has changed on opur side in the past 2 weeks is that we upgraded PHP from v4.4.3 to v4.4.4 and apache from 1.3.36 to 1.3.37 to fix some security issues. I suppose it is possible that the internal changes in PHP may have had some effect.”
Any suggestions would be much appreciated – I’m stuck.
- The topic ‘PHP 4.4.4? Suddenly new posts are drafts, cannot delete posts’ is closed to new replies.