[Plugin: JSON API] PhoneGap Android App built around JSON API
JSON API is a wonderful plugin – making it really easy to fetch my WordPress powered site’s posts. I love that! Thanks a lot.
Since I do not seem to be the only one using this plugin (quelle surprise) I’d like to share my newest work with you. I’ve build an Android application (with PhoneGap/Cordova) around the JSON API that can be used to display the latest news, news per category etc.
A more or less completed feature list:
– show recent news
– pagination (pull-to-refresh)
As I tried to keep it modular and simple as possible, it’s an easy one to adopt the code base to your own project/website which is using this plugin. Therefor it might be interesting for others to create their own app as well.
The code can be found here: http://drops.frontender.ch/uDOr/1MtI0Bio
I’m currently writing the wiki to help you getting started faster, but I’ve now completed it yet. What you need to know to get started quickly:
– routing.json represents the JSON API paths
– app.js contains _base and _api which correspond to the JSON API base URL
– templates are defined in /tpl and are Mustache.js powered
– sidepanels are defined in sidepanels.json
– If you take a look in index.html you’ll see that links/buttons have various data- attributes. Those do the magic.
I guess you will easily find yourself familiar with the code really fast (it’s commented well) and can use it.
Please let me know if this was helpful for you or if you have feedbacks/suggestions etc.
Thanks & have fun with your very own JSON API powered Android app 🙂
- The topic ‘[Plugin: JSON API] PhoneGap Android App built around JSON API’ is closed to new replies.