Would love your insights here… please!
Just moved a site to a new domain and the permalinks no longer work. Here is what I have done so far to fix the issue…
- In the database I did a replace of the old URL to the new URL in the wp-options table (for site-ulr and home)
- and the wp-posts table (guid and post_content).
- I also deleted the contents of rewrite_rules in wp-options and they were properly re-written.
- I have de-actived SEO plugins
- and I have gone to Settings -> Permalinks and set them to defauly (which works) and then back to “Post Name” (which does not work).
The generated html has the correct permalink name in it and this matches what is stored in the table wp_posts field “post_name” (this was confirmed by executing a search in the dB using a cut’n paste from the html).
If I manually type the URL using the default GET method (“?p=”) I get to the article, even If I have selected the “Post Name” option in Settings -> Permalinks.
One last note… I do not have access the htaccess file.
Thanks so much!