This is driving me mad… I cannot get the permalinks working with WordPress 2.0.2 on a Lycos Europe shared server. Every permalink reverts back to the first page (i.e. the root at /) and only ‘ugly’ urls really work.
After reading the documentation I:
– changed the .htaccess file permissions to 666 and checked to see if the file gets filled with the WordPress generated rules, and it does;
– tried the /index.php/%postname%/ solution but resulting in 404 errors;
– disabled the Frontpage extentions as I don’t use those anyway;
– tried the http://www.keyboardface.com/IIS-Permalinks/ approach but Lycos doesn’t allow me to direct the 404 error pages to a url, only ‘upload’ a file :(.
When I meddle with the rewrite rules manually, other things happen. Varying from server errors to ‘no posts found’ pages generated by WordPress. Once I got the category pages working (with permalinks /category/) but I’m not sure how I did that :(. Post permalinks still didn’t work anyway.
Can anyone help me or suggest what to try next?
- The topic ‘permalinks not working on lycos webhost’ is closed to new replies.