A few months ago I moved a 9300 article DB from one blog software program to Word Press and made some mistakes in the transition. I was told by some SEO types to use %postname% only, which I did.
I now have 545,000 URLs not found in Webmaster tools.
They grow by a few thousand a day.
I would guess 99% of them are /archives.
Here is one example of NOT FOUND:
If I put that in the url box and edit it to what is below it works.
Below is the 301 someone made for me to correct this.
RewriteRule ^archives/([0-9]+)\-(.*).html$ http://example.com/$2 [NC,L,R=301]
It doesn’t work.
I have been trying to fix this now for over 2 months.
Traffic and revenues down by 2/3s.