My pagenavi setup is bugging in a WP_query on single posts. I found many possible solutions but none worked for me. Also I realise it is probably more related to wp itself but hopefully someone can see what I am doing wrong here.
Pagenavi works fine on my category page where the function is being called after the loop with wp_pagenavi()
On my single page I have the same post list build with wp_query. The pagination is displayed and the pagelinks are correct (../page/2/) but when loading the url the parameters are removed and the same page is loaded
My custom permalink structure is: /%category%/%postname%/