Support » Plugin: Duplicator - WordPress Migration Plugin » Percent sign (%) gets hashed due to update in esc_sql() in WordPress 4.8.3

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • This must be the reason why I’m having problems migrating my sites.

    Same here, % sign in text parts but also layout parts are replaced with {55e5e5fefadede-5546} something.
    I’m using Divi theme,for example in a Divi module, spacing is at 5%, this becomes 5{55e5e5fefadede-5546} after transfaring the site from a Package.
    Also isuess with all Icons from the build in library. 1 icon becomes a whole bunch…

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  drscoot.

    Yes, confirmed – Duplicator doesn’t work well with 4.8.3.

    Before authors will fix it, you can manually change database in package. Find a word “permalink” and there you’ll find those strange couple of symbols. Change all of them to percentage symbol and then install package, it worked for me.

    Plugin Author Cory Lamle

    (@corylamleorg)

    Requested help for testing found here:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/breaks-sites-after-duplication/#post-9649347

    Please let us know if the update fixes your issue…

    Thanks

    It’s not only a matter of permalink. If plugins or themes store data with % signs, those strings will also be affected.

    I’ve just tried a test migration from localhost to my dev server. Almost all plugins break (won’t initialize) due to broken plugin headers. Also, content formatted with BeTheme’s Muffin Builder breaks partially.

    Plugin Author Cory Lamle

    (@corylamleorg)

    Hey @szmigieldesign,

    Sorry about that… The deactivated plugin issue should now be addressed. The dev line is updated again Download Developer Version It will now show as 1.2.28 but it is still in the dev line.

    As far as the BeThemes Muffin Builder, if you still have an issue with that go ahead and submit a ticket here, and I can work closely with you on the issue. Be sure to include a link to this forum thread so I’m aware of the context.

    Thanks

    I am not sure that the problem is the WP version.
    It is strange because I backed up and old WP 4.4.1 version installation yesterday to replace it with a new website. Then I needed to duplicate the old site in a temp url because my client need it to recover text and stuff. But after migration I have the same percentage sign problem. Now I can´t go back to the old server because the new site is running now. So I am stuck here, with a backup full of strange characters.
    What should I do now?

    Please, can anybody give me an advice?

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  walpap.

    I’ve tried doing test migration again and this time only about 1/2 of plugins didn’t activate. However, some must have been broken in the process as Revolution Slider was impossible to activate (I had to rewrite all plugin files). Critical plugins, like WPML didn’t activate at all too.

    I’ll have to move sites from localhost to production manually tomorrow. I’ve tried this method and it works fine (with help of WP Migrate DB and / or Search-Replace-DB).

    EDIT:
    Muffin Builder data migrated OK.

    Plugin Author Cory Lamle

    (@corylamleorg)

    As mentioned above feel free to submit a ticket here and we can take a closer look at your setup if you want. The data sets on some configurations are simply too difficult to guess what the core issue might be through a forum… The bulk of our tests are passing so there are some edge cases that we won’t be able to isolate without a deeper look.

    Thanks

    I will get back to you after I migrate the site from localhost to stable production environment. I’ll be able to provide FTP or dashboard access to our staging server afterwards. I have to migrate the site tomorrow and I’ll get back to you with support ticket.

    Plugin Author Cory Lamle

    (@corylamleorg)

    Sounds good, thanks for the update!

    I have the same problem with the Avada theme 5.2.2 and the Duplicator. The % sign in text parts from the fusion builder are replaced with numbers like {55e5e5fefadede-5546}.
    And a problem with WPML. The string translation didn´t work.

    Sorry for the late reply. Latest public build fixed all issues that I had. Everything works fine again.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Percent sign (%) gets hashed due to update in esc_sql() in WordPress 4.8.3’ is closed to new replies.