Guys, I had the same porblems and the quick fix was to replace the functions.php with a new version of functions.php. That only worked for a bit and then the same problem occured.
My web host found a missing close on line 191.
Here is his response:
So, I have been researching this issue for a great amount of time during my
shift, and think I figured it out.
Going back to the error you provided:
"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in
/home/aurelius/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 192"
I checked out functions.php, line 192 to be exact. That line looked good, but
line 191 appeared to have some issues:
if ( doubl// Mysql string Year
When I saw that, and no closing parenthesis, I closed it, so it looks like
if ( doubl)// Mysql string Year
Now, the site resolves again."
It's been over 48 hours and I've yet to experience the same problem as I did before.
Give it a try.