I tried to structure my URL’s like this:
site.com/parent-category1/news – display the news of parent category 1
site.com/parent-category2/news – display the news of parent category 2
site.com/parent-category3/news – display the news of parent category 3
site.com/parent-category1/games – display the games of parent category 1
site.com/parent-category2/games – display the games of parent category 2
site.com/parent-category3/games – display the games of parent category 3
And code view page:
query_posts(array(‘category__and’ => array(‘parent-category1′,’news’))); […]
“news” should be a single child category, but currently is not possible, because when children will create a category with Slug “news”, rename the wordpress self, even in parent-category is different.
And so, the preview page, there is no category to identify the parent, since there is no way to get the url as in the example.
So I thought the solution was to create:
– news1 (children category1 news)
– games1 (children category1 games)
– news2 (children category2 news)
– games2 (children category2 games)
– news3 (children category3 news)
– games3 (children category3 games)
But well, the url is not the way I hope, will be:
Would not have a solution to improve it?
- The topic ‘parent-category1/news and parent-category2/news not work’ is closed to new replies.