Pages taking a long time to be generated
My WP sites seem to generate pages very slowly, taking 0.7 – 3.0 seconds. It seems like most WP sites list generation times of under half a second. I am running on a dedicated server, so processor time should be plentiful. I’m running a few simple plugins, InsertImage, RecentComments, and RecentPosts. Reducing the number of entries displayed on the main page has helped a little, but not enough. My current main page – which has about 6 fairly long entries – takes 1.3 seconds to load at the moment. See http://www.radicalcongruency.com.
Here are my questions:
1. Does the time listed at the bottom of the page (in the default index.php setup) reflect the actual amount of processor time occupied by my browser’s request for this page? If so, I can foresee major processor overloading if I start running WP on a lot of popular sites on the same server. This is the part I’m most concerned about.
2. Can a large number of entries in the blog (I have over 500, mostly imported fromMT) slow down execution times?
3. Can using header and footer includes slow down execution times?
4. If I am hogging processor overhead with my pages, how can I reduce their demands?
I’m OK with how fast the pages are loading in my browser, but not if they’re hogging massive processor time. Your guidance is very much appreciated.
- The topic ‘Pages taking a long time to be generated’ is closed to new replies.