I installed P2 and everything worked great. After a night or two of tinkering, suddenly the auto refresh doesn’t work as usual.
I’ve looked at some other threads here but none of them seem to cover the same symptoms.
Normally, the flow is like this:
1. Type text into update box and click “Post”
2. Spinner very briefly appears, update box clears out and post appears below highlighted in yellow.
But on my blog, suddenly this is happening:
1. I type my status update and click “Post”
2. The top area goes grey and the little spinner starts spinning.
3. The page hangs like that, but the post actually did work in the background (Subscribe2 email goes out).
4. At some point the grey finally goes away but the text I typed remains in the box at the top. My post shows up as do any new posts but my text stays up there.
5. If I click the browser’s refresh button, I get a popup that says: “Your comments or posts will be lost if you continue. Are you sure you want to leave this page?”
6. Selecting “leave this page” clears everything up but I’ve got to think this will be very confusing to my users.
What broke? I’m tempted to follow the advice in http://wordpress.org/support/topic/real-time-updating-not-working/page/2?replies=46 but that’s not really my problem – auto-updates ARE working.
The only thing that is not working is the clean flow of click post, see text clear from box then see post appear below. What’s breaking here?
- The topic ‘P2 front page posting box hangs (but posts), then text lingers in box’ is closed to new replies.