[Resolved] Ozh Dropdown Menu Not Working
I just upgraded a site to WP 3.0 and also upgraded to the latest version of the Ozh Dropdown Menu plugin. I love this plugin but this version doesn’t seem to work for me. Instead of across the top it is down the side next to the regular menu. Anyone else having this problem?
Exactly the same things is happening to me and I have the 3.4.1 version. But the thing is, when I first upgraded wordpress to 3.0 the plugin was working fine and it worked fine for a few days. Then out or nowhere it changed and no longer works. I didn’t change anything on my blog. It simply happened that it no longer works.
Same problem here. I updated to latest. It just won’t work. I cleared the browser cache, deleted cookies, you name it, nothing helps.
Finally it worked. My web service providers were investigating another issue and found the following:
[Fri Jul 02 00:09:51 2010] [error] [client 126.96.36.199] ModSecurity: Access denied with code 500 (phase 2). Pattern match “(ht|f)tps?:/” at ARGS:a. [file “/usr/local/apache/conf/modsec/rules.conf”] [line “158”] [hostname “guppydas.com”] [uri “/wp-content/plugins/ozh-admin-drop-down-menu/inc/adminmenu.css.php”] [unique_id “TC1mj8YfMlgAACVW13oAAAAE”]
given more rights to the /wp-content/plugins/ozh-admin-drop-down-menu/inc/
Since then it works fine. I did remove the plugin completely and re-install it after the above was implemented.
Hope it helps.
I need to update. The above didn’t seem to fix the problem.
On my other two sites hosted on the same server, it gives the same error. In fact it also fails to auto upgrade.
Ok I have tried something that made the plugin work again.
I have deactivated all the plugins, and reactivated all of them, it made the plugin work again.
I suggest you try to do the same to see if Ozh Dropdown Menu plugin works, if not, deactivate them all and reactivate the other plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin.
This is what worked for me, I hope it works for you.
Same problem. Tried renaming .htaccess — still gives long vertical menu. I tried meldominguez’s deactivate/reactivate one-by-one troubleshooting technique — still does not work.
It must be the Ozh Admin Dropdown plugin.
But, I’m open to suggestions otherwise. I have used this plugin for years on several sites with no problems.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Ozh Dropdown Menu Not Working’ is closed to new replies.