I love the Oxygen theme but I haven’t quite figured it out yet.
There are 3 things:
1. I can’t seem to get the black navigation menu (left sidebar) to appear
2. I can’t seem to get the blue navigation menu (header) to appear
3. What should I do to get posts under “recent articles” and “more articles”?
I’ve made a menu of pages and put the menu widget in the “primary widget area” and there does appear a menu, but not the black box one.
What to do, what to do?
Example of how i’d like it to be:
Im new in the forum and just started to make a website. Thank you for sharing the information.
To mstremayne: i find out how te remove the horizontale grey bar.
They call it the breadcrumbs.
Go to your style.cc and find the breadcrumb alineas and replace them with below information. (dont forget to backup your originale breadcrumb sentences, you never know if you want it back).
You can also try this. I think this one you keep the “Home / <insert title of post here> ” Only delete grey bar.
Thank you! The second one worked 🙂 Awesome!
I also have a question.
On the left side of your home page you have a picture bar instead of the traditionale category. How did you do that? is that a plugin?
HOW DO I CENTER MY HEADER ON OXYGEN!! IVE BEEN TRYING FOR MONTHS.
PLEASE HELP ME… ITS THE RED BOX I NEED CENTRED.
Hi, Jeff –
I used the picture / image widget to make the picture bar. So, I dragged across the number of image widgets I needed for how many categories I wanted. With the image widget you can choose an image and a link. So, I used the link that related to the category I wanted (eg. playingwithsticks.com/safety). I am careful in categorizing all of my posts so that they show up with the correct picture image/link (eg. all posts related to safety get tagged safety and show up when anyone clicks on the safety picture).
I hope this helps! 🙂
Hi, a general question: is it possible to install plugins on Oxygen? I’d love to use the bol.com plugin, but there doesn’t seem to be a possibility at all to install plugins, on my dashboard. Is anyone using plugins on oxygen, and how did you install them?
1. Go to Pages, click add new and name it Home. On the right you’ll see page attributes and choose ‘Front Page’ in Templates. Save the page.
2. Go to pages, click add new and name it Blog (or whatever you want).
3. Go to settings>reading, choose front page displays “static”. Choose the Front Page as “Home”, and Posts Page as “Blog”.
4. Every time you create a post, choose “Featured” for the slider, “Primary” for the list of images below, and “Secondary” for the ‘more articles’ section.
Hi there – love the oxygen theme but I”m new to wordpress and am having trouble with a couple of things.
1. Can’t remove the option to “leave a reply”. It’s showing up on pages and posts. Look as I may I don’t see how. I’ve gone under settings and unchecked any boxes that would allow a comment.
2. Having trouble turning on the image slider. I’ve gone to all my pages and set a “featured image”. didn’t work. Checked the settings under the easy slider to make sure it was enabled. I decided to try to set it to custom image and uploaded images. Still no luck. I’ve designated my “home” page as a static page. Home page settings are set to “default” template. If I set it to “front page” my content disappears. I get an empty page with no posts notification.
I have started my blog and this is it: http://stylemeclassy.com/
Pls tell me what WordPress theme http://StyleMePretty.com and/or http://stylemeclassy.com/ uses? I want to show the line with author, date and category at the top of my posts like they do. Also, pls tell me how I can do that in the theme I’m currently using (Twenty Twelve). Thanks!
Answer for question 1: “im using dutch version of wordpress, so apologize if it can confuse you.
if you make a new page: go to option: check the reactions /comments box
Scroll down and and you see that leave a reply is checked. If you uncheck it every page, then it will be gone.
Question 2: I also have this problem and not solved yet.
If you know how to solve it, please met me know.
- The topic ‘Oxygen Theme questions’ is closed to new replies.