Hello, I am going to start a CMS with WordPress (I have chosen WP because I love it and have expreience with it). I am planning to have:
- hundreds of THOUSANDS of users (maybe millions)
- tens of millions of posts (each with a link to an external file)
- maybe several hundreds of pages
- huge ammont of visitors daily, RSS readers (all the stuff like that of an active site)
- Several custom plugins to manage custom fnctions plus their support in the theme
- Server and space available to meet requirements
What I want to know is if WordPress is cut out for that kind of a large project (aside from stability I have no concerns at all, as WordPress functionality (with some little additions) is exactly what I am gonna need).
- Am I gonna face any unexpected size and activity limitations?
- Will there be any limit for users/posts/linked files (OUTSIDE from the multimedia library)?
- Will there be any lags or downtimes because of the software? Should my custom plugins meet any specific requirements to suit the project?
- What specific requirements am I gonna need for this project to run (at least average)?
I am not very experienced with WordPress and MySQL, so please share any thoughts an suggestions, I really need them, because I do not want to face any critical mistaces when everything is done. I am ready to provide additional details.
Thanks in advance