Support » Fixing WordPress » Oriental characters displaying in source

  • Resolved Scoop0901


    I’ve looked at all the plugins using the plugin editor to find the problem, yet I can’t seem to narrow it down.

    When I look at the source for my blog, I am finding this:

    <script type=”text/javascript”>
    var web = document.location;
    if (parent.location.domain !== self.location.domain) {
    alert(‘你现在访问的是’ + web + ‘\n 检测到你使用框架浏览本站内容,本页即将跳转到创作共用约定页面。\n 请不要使用框架跨站调用本站内容。\n 请遵守 Creative Commons 协议。\nScoop’s Views 授权方式为:署名 · 非商业用途 · 保持一致’);

    A couple of weeks ago, because of its location, I thought I had it narrowed down to a certain plugin. I’ve run Google searches on various parts of the code, but came up empty handed.

    I think I’ve turned off every plugin — one-at-a-time — to track it down. When I used that method, over the course of a few days, I didn’t find it. I don’t want to turn off all the plugins and then turn then on one-by-one, as a lot of stuff will get broken — and be broken for over a week or so, as I don’t have all the time I wish I had to track sit back and do nothing more than play with the plugins.

    The coding is causing validation errors, but also display problems in a few browsers.


Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • It’s a link to a creative commons license, written in Chinese. The English version is here:

    (replace “.org” with “.cn” and you get what’s linked in your source script.)

    My guess would be it’s theme-related. And pretty harmless – just whoever it is wants to be sure it’s passed on under the GPL, and no one tries to make money off it.

    Thanks, doodlebee for your comments. I knew it was the Creative Commons license, but because it used the oriental characters, it was causing errors, including validation errors.

    I spent about four hours last night using Notepad++ going through every plugin in a local directory. I finally found and deleted the plugin. Now the issue I was having with an RSS-serving site is resolved.


    A few people have contacted me privately via my blog and IM, wanting to know the plug that caused the issue. It was:

    Plugin Name: Reject Frame
    Plugin URI:
    Description: This plugin will reject other website quote your page in their frame.
    Author: andot
    Version: 2.0
    Author URI:

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Oriental characters displaying in source’ is closed to new replies.