I have found a problem in the plugin that is reproduce-able.
Please, try it out!
I have created two postcode groups (P1 & P2), no states and one country group C1.
This is what I have in them:
P1: 330*; 331*
The Shipping rates are defined as:
950|1.00|P1,C1 1360|2.00|P1,C1 950|3.00|P2,C1 1360|4.00|P2,C1
If I add a product that weighs 1140g (my units are g and mm) to the shopping cart and use the post code 33166(Florida), it should show me the shipping price of US$2.00. …but, it shows me US$4.00.
However, if I swap the values defined in P1, then it finds the match and returns the correct shipping price.
In other words, if P1 is define as:
P1: 331*; 330*
The wildcard 331* matches the used post code 33166…
But if P1 is defined as:
P1: 330*; 331*;
… It does not find the match.
Note that you need to create a higher shipping rate value for it to return in case it does not find the match, otherwise you would not see the problem.
This bug may explain why so many people are getting inconsistent results with this great plug in… please investigate this issue.
- The topic ‘Order of Post Code wildcards may produce wrong results’ is closed to new replies.