I would like to add a logo to the background / bottom of all slides. My first thought was to just set the background image as the logo, but it seems that the background is always scaled to 100%, so this doesn’t work very well.
It’d be awesome to see options for how to scale / position the background.
There are two routes you can take to do this currently:
- Upgrade to Premium. As a Premium subscriber you receive a copy of the exclusive White Label plugin, which avails the option of replacing the default seoslides watermark with one of your own choosing – or remove it entirely.
- You can also edit the Slide Master to add a set of default canvas elements. For example, my WordCamp Boston presentation (http://eamann.com/slides/php-unit-testing/) has a repeating footer logo and footer on each slide.
1. Sweet, I didn’t realize that was part of the premium upgrade. Excellent.
2. That’s what I was trying to do and apparently failing. So the logo is just a single canvas element added to the master slide, or is the logo part of the entire slide background?
It’s just a single canvas element added to the master slide. The master slide, or “Slide Defaults,” are automatically recreated on all new subsequent slides.
Sweet, I’ll give it another shot. Thanks Eric!
That works, sortof. When I first insert the image into the canvas element, it shows with the correct proportions, but upon save, it skews the image: http://d.pr/i/NUWO
That should look like this: http://d.pr/i/nTW5
It seems as though it’s not respecting the set size of the canvas and just resetting to the default square size on save.
That particular issue … is an issue. Right now there seems to be a bug where images are assumed to be square if you insert them and don’t resize them at all. If you do resize the images after inserting them the aspect ratio will be saved appropriately.
We’ll be sure to have this fixed in the next release.
I have it on very good authority that this will be completely resolved when version 1.1 ships (which will be fairly soon).
Well, I was going to post regarding a complete failure to work. I am getting a 500 server error. That’s really bad. And when I see the amazing developer Pippin Williamson in here dealing with an issue that he cannot resolve, there is a problem. Will wait for further releases.
@tjr3217 The issue I had was resolved completely.
- The topic ‘Option to not scale background image’ is closed to new replies.