It would be great if you could or please tell me how you can:
- if not hiding other shipping methods and free shipping option is available as a result of using a free shipping coupon, then the free shipping option should be selected by default when page reloads.
- option to hide other shipping categories only on coupon free shipping
- if other shipping options are hidden, provide an option for the user to select another shipping method instead of free shipping – for example, user may want express shipping. At present, if other shipping methods are hidden, user cannot select an express shipping option.
What are the chances of these options becoming available?
1) This can’t be setup unfortunately since WooCommerce changed how the default selected option is chosen. Now it is the first one in the list and since this plugin doesn’t integrate with the new WC Zones (yet,, planned for the future) you cannot change the order of it.
The only workaround now would be to override it manually through some custom code.
2) The ‘hide other rates’ option only works as a global option. If you want to modify this to only work for a single scenario you’d also want to create some custom code to fully fit your exact needs.
3) If you want the other options to be available as well, why would you want to use the ‘hide other rates’ at all? I believe if you disable the option it should work..?
Let me know 🙂
Regarding 3. above, this is purely for the customer, since the free shipping option may not deliver the level of service required insofar as speed is concerned.
Guess the only option is to not hide the free shipping and use messages to get user to select it.
Ah, do you mean your concern is that the free shipping option isn’t selected by default?
If so, that would come back to #1 unfortunately…
I hope to integrate it with the WC Zones soon, but quite a challenge to throw that around.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.