I totally respect the developers, the WordPress community and the efforts made to create the new editor.
But seriously, it’s much worse than the “classic” editor. Here are a few problems I encountered (probably forgot some more):
- Why do we need to click a button to see the word counter? Most of writers need to reach a certain amount of words. It takes almost no place on the screen, there is no way I will click every minute on a button for this.
- The block template is not properly working (at least in my case) when the block is a list. It always adds an empty list item at the end of the list on the published post, even if this item is not existing inside the editor.
- Why so much hassle to find the correct buttons? Where is the underline button? how do we even change the colors of the text? Yes it was better to have one fixed editor bar at the top, where we could easily find all the buttons at one place.
- What’s the point of creating a title and then clicking on H3, H4 and so on? This is confusing…
- Why, when adding a link, the original post/page’s title is not automatically added as the text of the link?? Regression or bug?
- I don’t even see the point of a block editor… We are editing TEXTS, we are not creating a web page with many graphical elements. I never had to reorder any blocks or take advantage of this structure. Selecting texts between different blocks is not smooth and buggy.
- The editor could be useful when editing from small screens where there is not much space, but the experience is worse on big screen, we have to scroll much more the page because of the padding around the blocks and the final result is slightly different to what it looks like in the editor…
PS: I’m aware some of the problems might be related to my install (but it wasn’t the case with the classic editor).
PS2: I’m totally willing to edit my feedback if the suggested corrections can be made. But for now, please bring the old editor back…
- The topic ‘One of the worse update of wordpress’ history’ is closed to new replies.