Support » How-To and Troubleshooting » Older Posts – "Oops, this link appears to be broken"
4 years, 4 months ago
Once I click more than twice on the “older posts” button at the bottom left of my blog homepage, I am redirected to a blank page that says
“Oops, this link appears to be broken”
I am using the “month and post title” option in permalink settings.
Unless you provide a link to a page demonstrating the problem, no one will be able to offer much in the way of assistance.
I will as soon as I can. Now the page simply does not load. It won’t go back further then two clicks on “older posts”. It just freezes on the third click.
Have you tried:
– deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).
– switching to the Twenty Eleven theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.
– resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.
I just got this
“PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded in E:\USERS\paveyourlife\www\wp-login.php on line 12”
– switching to the Twenty Eleven theme by renaming your current theme’s folder inside wp-content/themes and adding “-old” to the end of the folder name using FTP or whatever file management application your host provides.
– resetting the plugins folder by FTP or phpMyAdmin.
I deactivated all the plugins then reactivated them one by one.
the genesis featured widget amplified plugin is the one which create the “older posts” option, but I have no idea how to fix it so it doesn’t crash after 2 clicks
Have you tried contacting that plugin’s developer(s)?