Support » Plugin: Duplicate Post » Ok.. 1 Star.. Soley on obnoxiousness
Ok.. 1 Star.. Soley on obnoxiousness
What the hell guys.. your functionality is probably on point but the shear buttload of visual pollution is incredible..
You are working within WordPress.. stick to the design of wordpress.. both structure wise and visually
Plugin Support Nick
Thank you @joax for the feedback, however we’re struggling to understand it. What are you referring to when you state “shear buttload of visual pollution”?Plugin Support Nick
@joax Could you please specify what you mean? Thank you!Thread Starter joax
Yes, that much I can do..
WordPress has a certain style in the backend which is very clear.. yes.. this is kinda boring.. but that is good.. it is clear for everyone..
You can have 40 plugins running and it is still one system.. with plugins like yours this gets broken..
The functionality of the plugin is nice.. I got nothing on that..
- The intro screen is like a carnaval.. plus you sorta get a popup on a popup.. if that isn’t annoying I don’t know what is..
- The accordion in the settings should be tabs I think.. you can look at 10 random plugins and you’ll run into them
- The tooltip on the Pages section kinda breaks stylewize when you’re running a site in Dutch.. plus i’m getting a tooltip ad in the tooltip? seriously?
Hope this sorta helps.. I’m not trying to be a dick or anything 😛 but I’m dutch.. so it might be perceived that wayPlugin Support Nick
Thanks @joax. Ok, so just to be clear:
– With “intro screen is like a carnaval” you refer to this https://monosnap.com/file/SVvSKwQiufQaKns0KZjigpSvyA30LE (for which we got explicit feedback for that it makes it very easy to understand how the plugin works)
– With “accordion in the settings should be tabs” you mean that these https://monosnap.com/file/yLcKIHQTXkv4VCY9L8gEvvGu4nSy3Z should be tabs according to your preference
…and for that you give a 1-star review?
Regarding “The tooltip on the Pages section kinda breaks stylewize when you’re running a site in Dutch”: maybe that’s a bug which needs to be fixed, which we’re happy to do, for free. In those cases we’d appreciate it if you could open a thread in the support forum. Could you please do that, and provide a screenshot, so that we can look into fixing it?Plugin Support Nick
@joax Please respond to the above. Thank you!
Alrighty.. a bit later then I wanted.. kinda had to take some time off from the digital realm to attend my own wedding n suff
I do understand the obsession with having only good reviews.. but you can take a dent.. 4.8 is prrrretty good 😉
Thank you @joax! We’ll have a look and get back to you soon.
Ok we now had a look @joax. First of all: thank you for your detailed feedback and taking the time to create a video!
The points you mention don’t seem to refer to any technical issues, but you don’t like the design of it, is that correct?
We actually get a lot of praise for the design and the interface, e.g. see:
It’s guess it’s just a bit hard to please everybody 🙂 We hope you’ll still give our plugin a chance in the future.
I’m not saying that the design is bad.. just thet it breaks with the design of the WP backend..
IE.. I don’t need to read others people praises.. you’re wasting your time even collecting them for this..
- This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by joax.
Ok, so with “breaks” you mean it doesn’t actually break any existing things, but it’s not in-line with the typical WordPress visual style?
yes.. imagine every plugin doing that for a second.. it would become a nightmare to work with WordPress..
And chances are quite big that you’re code (although technically “good”) is noncompliant with WP standards and thus the risk of errors upon updates look greater..
Alright. Thank you for your feedback!
- The topic ‘Ok.. 1 Star.. Soley on obnoxiousness’ is closed to new replies.