Support » Plugin: Yoast SEO » og:url property is now incorrect

  • Resolved coleh

    (@coleh)


    After updating YOAST SEO recently, our homepages are showing incorrect URL values for the og:url output.

    You can see this here-> https://www.live955.com/

    It appears that the OG:URL property is now outputting the URL of the first post on the page. We never had an issue with this previously, and our homepage is set to show the “latest posts” but wouldn’t our index.php template still show the URL property as just the root domain for the homepage?

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plugin Support Jerlyn

    (@jerparx)

    Hi @coleh ,

    We checked a sample site with its homepage set to latest posts (Settings > Reading) and found the og:url still using the main site URL.
    We tried accessing your site to check but we were getting Error 1020 Access denied message. Do you have any site restrictions?

    Thread Starter coleh

    (@coleh)

    I went ahead and removed the WAF restriction so you should be able to see the site once it updates.

    I also verified in our theme that we are not filtering the og:url on the homepage in any way using the provided plugin filters.

    Plugin Support Jerlyn

    (@jerparx)

    Thanks for the response @coleh !

    We’re indeed seeing your post URL as the output for og:url on your homepage. The og:url tag pulls from the permalink of the post/page so when the permalink changes so will that og:url. This is odd. Have you tried resetting the permalink under SEO > Permalinks?

    Also, does resetting your indexables resolve the issue? Here’s how you do it:
    – Install & activate the Yoast Test Helper plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/yoast-test-helper/
    – Go to Tools -> Yoast Test
    – Locate the Yoast SEO section and select the “Reset indexables tables & migrations” button
    – Click the “Start SEO data optimization” button in the SEO->Tools section.

    Thread Starter coleh

    (@coleh)

    I have tried the steps you outlined above and I am still seeing the first post as the URL in the og:url property. Everything else looks fine such as the Title, IMG etc.

    I think one of the most recent updates caused an issue with the og:url output.

    Plugin Support Suwash Kunwar

    (@suascat_wp)

    @coleh

    Thank you for following up with us on this issue.

    Just to be sure, we would like to rule out any plugin or theme conflicts that may occur. The fastest way to do this is to deactivate all non-Yoast plugins and switch to a standard theme like Twenty Nineteen

    Test this on your development or staging site, if you have one. If not, we recommend using the Health Check & Troubleshooting plugin. This plugin allows you to run a conflict check without affecting normal visitors to your site.

    As we can imagine that you’re unfamiliar with checking for conflicts, we’d like to point you to a step-by-step guide that will walk you through the process: How to check for plugin conflicts.

    Plugin Support devnihil

    (@devnihil)

    We are going ahead and marking this issue as resolved due to inactivity. If you require any further assistance please create a new issue.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘og:url property is now incorrect’ is closed to new replies.