Oembed not working at all (4 posts)

  1. Minklet
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I can't get oembed to work whatsoever, I have tried youtube and flickr and neither do anything. I have made sure the media settings are correct and I have tried posting using the visual editor and the html editor. I have also tried wrapping in the embed codes.

    When I the link using the visual editor it just posts it in a tags, when I post it in the html editor it posts it as standard text. I'm not getting any error messages so I have no idea what to do.

    Any help? I really need this to work for my clients.

  2. Minklet
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I've just disabled Tiny MCE advanced plug in and it has worked. This ia a problem, as I have this plug ing because of wordpress removing line breaks and such.

    Is there any way round this? Anyone know why Tiny MCE advanced is doing this?

  3. 123milliseconds
    Posted 5 years ago #

  4. madhavaji
    Posted 4 years ago #

    For me this issues turned out to be that my theme was applying the wpautop() function to the content before rendering it on the browser. When I removed that function and instead just used the_content() it worked!

    The fact that wpautop() was wraping the URL in <p>URL</p> paragraph tags was what stopped oEmbed from working.

    When I wrap my URL in [embed]..[/embed] shortcode the oEmbed works alongside the wpautop() function because then WordPress no longer applies paragraph tags to the URL and that, my friends, solves the problem.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic


No tags yet.