**Quick note** This is a repost ONLY because the original post could not be viewed at all even from my own WordPress.org profile page (Threads opened). I would delete the original but I cannot access it at all 🙁
Hey Guys! I have been working for a while on trouble shooting a strange issue and have not had any luck, so I figured that I would ask the experts:
I am having an issue with odd characters showing up in the:
<TITLE> tags of my blog posts (such as: &, %20,)
It appears somehow to be converting the database field post_title to URL Encoding perhaps?
Here is an example of my problem:
<TITLE> STEPHANIE & DANIEL – JACARANDA COUNTRY CLUB WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER</TITLE>
I would like WordPress to stop adding characters like:
& or –
I have been searching all over Google and the WordPress support forum and cannot even seem to find a reference to this problem 🙁 Maybe I just do not know how to refer to the issue so that I can find a solution
Here is all of the helpful information that I can provide:
A link to an example on my blog (just view the source to see the title tags):
1) I am running WordPress Version 3.8
2) All Plugins are currently Disabled
3) Regardless of the several WordPress themes I tried switching to, this issues still appears – even in TwentyFourteen. So I’m guessing it isn’t an issue with a bad PHP request for the Post_Title field
4) I run WordPress on my owned shared hosting account at BlueHost
5) When I looked at the database in PHPMyAdmin: The Post_Title fields look perfectly clean (no odd characters) ….Unless some strange encoding or characters could be hiding in the Post_Title Fields
Thank you in advance for being cool enough to help me out!
- The topic ‘Odd Characters / URL Encoding displaying in HTML TITLE Tag’ is closed to new replies.