Support » Plugin: Facebook Album » OAuth bug sometimes persists after update

  • Resolved nbrummerstedt

    (@nbrummerstedt)


    Hi Matt,
    After updating, I’m still having problems with authenticating. Here’s what I did:

    • Removed old plugin COMPLETELY
    • Created a new App on Facebook, to be sure that there was no “blocking”
    • Changed App ID on the official Facebook WP Plugin (are they compatible?). This was done to ensure that Facebook doesn’t punish you for connecting same website with 2 apps.
    • Then I installed 2.0.5
    • The moment i submit my App ID and secret, I get this: Call to a member function getUser() on a non-object in /var/www/clients/client322/web280/web/wp-content/plugins/facebook-albums/inc/options-facebookalbum.php on line 72

    After this, the old OAuth bug was back. However, when I did a second re-install of your plugin, it suddenly worked, so I’m not even able to reproduce myself.
    Feel free to mark this resolved as I got it working now. I just thought you should know.

    Regards, Niels

    http://wordpress.org/plugins/facebook-albums/

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Plugin Author mglaman

    (@mglaman)

    nbrummerstedt, thanks for the in-depth post, it helps.

    Right when I implemented the Facebook App integration they did away with the offline_access token and switched to this “short access, but you can ask for a longer time.” So it’s buggy, and all clients that use this are businesses. So troubleshooting for it is often limited.

    I’ll check it out. You should actually be able to use your official Facebook plugin app info (so long as you also give that the proper permissions.) That’s how I tested it when my site was on WordPress.

    Plugin Author mglaman

    (@mglaman)

    Try the development version of the app. This should be resolved now

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘OAuth bug sometimes persists after update’ is closed to new replies.