Number of displayed Thumbnails
It would be good to be able to have an option to display only 1 (one) thumbnail for each gallery.
I’ve added an option to select the “number” of thumbnails displayed in galleries (All, None or First). You can download a development version here.
That’s very cool, thank you, works great.
Couple more suggestions if you like:
1. Would be quite neat also if the Title is automatically inserted under the thumbnail as well as being the Alt text.
2. In the drop down All, First, None – have 1 through total number of pics, so can select any pic as the thumbnail; or label them First, Second, Third etc.
..a third one:
3. Caption on each picture.
Just ideas, works great as is.
Thanks again for a top gallery plugin.
1. I have to think about that, since in “thumbnails=all” mode, there’s no need/way to insert caption.
2. Of course it would be possible, but I think you had better change the picture order (file name) so that the first one is the one you want as main thumbnail !
3. Because pictures comes from a ftp-uploaded folder, there’s no way to indicate captions for each picture. The best way would then to use WP Gallery.
Changing the order won’t really do if you want to display the images in a certain order, say chronologically. No worries, the first image is fine.
Not sure what WP Gallery does, it hasn’t been updated in over 2 years, and the description and install information on WordPress.org is a bit light on. I downloaded it and there is no readme in the download. Does this integrate with Folder Gallery?
The desire for captions is to identify people and places, so it’s a good request. I don’t know the file naming conventions outside of Windows but … there is a way to insert captions: use the file name of the photo.
1. (Title under a single thumbnail) : done
2. (Choose which thumbnail to display) : done. But it cannot be a global setting. You have to add the short code attribute
thumbnails=5to use the 5th picture as main thumbnail.
You can download a development version using the previous link. You may have to reset the (global) setting “Display Thumbnail” since I’ve change ‘first’ to ‘single’.
3. (WP Gallery) I meant the default gallery of WordPress 3.5 which let you to insert caption. Of course, you have to upload your pictures in WordPress Media and there’s no built-in lightbox engine….
vjalby this is perfect, thank you. Job well done, works great.
It looks like version Folder Gallery 1.4 has broken. The short code attribute thumbnails=5 displays ‘5 x thumbnails’ now, instead of to use the 5th picture as main thumbnail. This occurs even when setting the (global) setting “Display Thumbnail” to ‘single’
You’re right. My mistake. However, I think it’s too late to revert back. You can get the old behaviour using negative numbers, e.g., thumbnails=-5 instead of thumbnail=5.
Gee that’s weird, but it works, thanks. Will you fix it in the next version?
It would be good to have some alignment function too, because when you use thumbnails=-5 in some gallery sets but not in another gallery set on the same page, the extra text pushes the gallery sets out of alignment, even when using a table to try and align each gallery set.
Which “extra text” ? Is this something that didn’t occur with 1.3 ? Do you have a link where I can see the bug?
Not sure it’s a bug as such, but it seems the shortcode depending on the length if it wraps around to the next line and has a bearing on where each gallery is situated on the page.
[foldergallery folder=”wp-content/uploads/gallery/Brookfield-Nov-2012″ title=”Brookfield – Nov 2012″]
The below shortcode wraps across 6 lines in a table cell while the above shortcode wraps across 4 lines in a table cell.
[foldergallery folder=”wp-content/uploads/gallery/Wayne-And-Beccys-Wedding-Sep-2011″ thumbnails=-3 title=”Wayne & Beccy’s Wedding – Sep 2011″]
I know the title makes it longer but pushes the gallery higher, even when using table cells to align.
http://www.baldeaglesrock.com.au/ – Gallery menu.
- The topic ‘Number of displayed Thumbnails’ is closed to new replies.