Support » Plugin: Amazon Associates Link Builder » now it is broken

  • Resolved Sarajane Helm

    (@sarajane-helm)


    This plugin worked beautifully for 2 months. the recent “upgrade” has now caused all my links using any template to dissappear. When I try to add a new product–ONE new product–I get an error telling me that I am trying too quickly and to “slow down”.

    When I look in my settings, I see a check box to click showing I have read and agree to terms. I check it, save, and the check disappears.

    I have reported these issues to Amazon, and they suggested I revert to the previous version. Reverting to the previous version did not fix it. I would like to go back to a working version. How can I do this? When it worked, it was a good plugin. I used this plugin for one client and have others that would like to use it as Amazon Affiliates. What shall I tell them?

    Sarajane Helm

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • This is exactly the same experience I’ve had, Sarajane (except for trying a previous version, haven’t done that). I hope they fix it soon.

    I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. I created a new API and secret at Amazon. This plugin still did not not work.

    however, it is working now. Thank you.

    • This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Sarajane Helm.

    Still broken for me. Ads do not appear at all. Pages show the code. I get one line of text “Products from Amazon.com”

    What is happening is Amazon denies API access to accounts without sales in the last 30 days.

    Refer to this page for more information
    https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/latest/DG/TroubleshootingApplications.html#EfficiencyGuidelines

    @stormina I have sales in the last 30 days (little, but I have them, and they said nothing about amount), and still doesn’t work. It stopped working for me in december, and I have still no clue of how to solve this.

    The point that they are not explaining enough is this:

    “If you lose access to Product Advertising API, please see our other product linking tools, such as Site Stripe. You will regain access to Product Advertising API once your account again begins to drive referring sales.”

    But also, I tried my API keys from other locations some time ago, and they worked. And also if you check other threads, we found that the plugin makes lots of calls and gets lots of “too fast” messages. But the plugin team still not answer. I don’t want to spend more time making tests if they make not sign of collaborating… :/ They asked some questions about our enviroment, and suggested things we already had tried.

    I also tried contacting support, and they said it wasn’t their thing, and “the plugin team should look at it”. Here I am waiting for more than two months now :(.

    So I changed most of my links.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.