Support » Plugin: Google Analyticator » Not working for me

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Hi, if you enable the WP_DEBUG constant in your wp-config.php file, it may give us some clues on what’s going wrong. Thanks

    Wow. How come you don’t tell people about

    enable the WP_DEBUG constant

    before we download your plugin. That is very misleading.

    Anyways. How do we

    enable the WP_DEBUG constant ??????????

    WP_DEBUG is part of wordpress, not part of this plugin. It allows you to debug your install by outputting all items.

    jzkits, CouponCodePlugin is correct. This turns on errors, so we can see what is going wrong. If you enable it ( then we can help – otherwise I have no idea what’s going on.


    This is still an issue with me, I think it comes from the Google Analyticator settings page never loading all the way.

    i also warned everyone that your plug in is complete garbage

    so what should i do now?

    remove it?



    Actually, I read this as the developer trying to help you. They are asking you to turn on a part of WordPress that records what is happening so they can see what the issue is.

    However, I also note that on the codex page it warns “It is not recommended to use WP_DEBUG or the other debug tools on live sites, they are meant for local testing and staging installs.”

    At the very bottom of the codex page they list a bunch of debuggin addons. VUM – would one of those be a better choice if you want to see what is happening? “There are a lot of well written plugins that would handle debugging in WordPress and would show more information about the internals either for a specific component or in general. Example of such plugins are Debug Bar with Debug Bar Console and Log Deprecated Notices.”

    Hello Jzkits, you got an answer and you ignored it. This plugin works well for many thousands of people including me. It has had more than 2m downloads.

    It it highly likely that something with your server memory? or other setup is interfering with the load but without diagnostics any other actions will be random.

    You can help yourself by doing the debug – if that is difficult ask a friend to help you.

    In this situation it is always worth deleting the plugin and trying a fresh upload so that you know all of the files are present and correct.

    Keep in mind this is open source and as a free plugin anyone who helps is providing time free of charge so using words like garbage is not going to help.

    I’m getting this error:

    SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Retrying with the CA cert bundle from google-api-php-client.

    I also see “Loading…” on the Dashboard and accessing the Settings page for this plugin takes a LOOOONG time (several minutes).

    I enabled WP_DEBUG and received a few seemingly unrelated errors when loading the Dashboard:

    Notice: add_contextual_help is deprecated since version 3.3! Use get_current_screen()->add_help_tab() instead. in /home/kfeeds/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2839

    Notice: register_setting was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 3.5! The “privacy” options group has been removed. Use another settings group. in /home/kfeeds/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2923

    Notice: add_settings_field was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 3.5! The privacy options group has been removed. Use another settings group. in /home/kfeeds/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2923

    I’m anxious to get this resolved as I’ve used your plugin on other sites in the past and LOVED it. Thanks for any help you can provide….


    Did you fix it?

    I’m facing the same problem.

    I’m facing the same problem (with loading wheel instead of text) and am getting worried that there hasn’t been a response to this issue. The last comment by the developer shows as being ten Months old.

    So… is support no longer available for this plugin?

    Ok, just noticed the plugin developer has commented a lot more recently than 10 months, still, any help with this issue would be very welcome!

    I just put this plug-in on my site. It shows up on the dashboard but it is showing no hits for the last 30 days and only one for last 60 days. I know that there are hundreds of hits from watching revolver maps. I have it set up since I first got the site up and going. The map is showing 15,558 visits since July 29, 2013

    I am thinking of removing revolvermaps but I don’t want to loose all the hits up until now. When I started the site my goal was to fill up the map. May sound stupid but it kept me working on the site and posting where my networks are. I figured out how to add specific page menu’s and it had me up until 4 this morning. Today I added a Favicon.
    This is the site up til now 10/26/2013

    I had Hit Sniffer (?) already installed and figured that might be causing a problem so I deleted it completely. I figure since I just installed it some time might need to pass before the information updates. The strange think is that it does show that one hit last month.



    My reporting has broken — seems to have occurred with the upgrade to WordPress 3.7 last Thursday. Everything *appears* to be in order = I’ve granted access, it says it’s enabled, but GA hasn’t registered a page visit since then.

    I cannot seem to find how/where to verify the javascript code and am leery of adding it to the “Additional Tracking” box.

    Please advise.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Not working for me’ is closed to new replies.