I am using/testing this plugin for a couple of days. I ran into a problem when I wanted to save this string as a note:
“am 10.6.18 deaktiviert, da WP Cerber die Funktionalität übernehmen soll (Test für andere Websites)”
I could not figure out what went wrong but could reproduce the error on a second site. Other notes are saved as expected.
Thanks for letting me know about this issue. I actually haven’t been able to reproduce it on any of my installs. Can you please let me know the versions of PHP and MySQL that you’re running as well as any other information about your setup that might be out of the ordinary?
Hi Jamie, thanks for your reply.
Here’s some system information:
– WordPress Version: 4.9.6
– PHP Version: 7.2.2
– MySQL Version: 5.7.20
– Web Server: Apache
I could reproduce the problem on a second site I manage.
To narrow things down I did some more testing:
1. I cannot save this text that contains round brackets: “(This is a test note.)”
2. This text containing square brackets is saved within a second: “[This is a test note.]”
My thoughts and tests
1. It seems as if the brackets “(” and “)” cause the problem.
2. My first thought was the wp-typography plugin — no change after I disabled it.
3. I used the plugin UsageDD — in test mode with all plugins disabled (except Plugin Notes Plus of course) the result was the same: No save when round brackets are used.
Well, I can live without them round brackets — but it would be nice to understand what causes the problem.
- This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Frank J..
Thanks for the additional info! I still haven’t been able to reproduce the bug, but I will try a few more things. Can you please confirm that you’re running the latest version of Plugin Notes Plus (1.1.1)? Also, if you could answer any or all of the following questions, it would be helpful:
-Which operating system are your sites hosted on?
-When the note fails to save, what happens? Are you seeing any errors in your browser’s console?
-Which browser are you using?
here’s the required information:
– Plugin version is 1.1.1
– My hoster’s OS: Linux 4.4.97-040497-generic (Is this the right information? I am not familiar with Unix systems.)
– Whenever a note cannot be saved there is a circle circling endlessly.
– I use Firefox and Chrome for administration purposes (both latest releases).
Test results on my side:
1. I can reproduce the problem on both Firefox and Chrome.
2. I installed Plugin Notes Plus on a third site. No problems there.
3. I temporarily changed the theme on one of the problem sites — the problem still existed with Twenty Seventeen.
4. I deactivated all plugins on one of the problem sites — the problem still existed.
Thanks for the additional info! I’m curious about the third site where you didn’t have the problem. Is there anything different about that third site?
It might be worth uninstalling and re-installing Plugin Notes Plus on one of the sites where you’re having the note saving issue to see if that resolves the issue.
If that doesn’t work, I’d be happy to take a look if you’re able to give me guest login credentials for one of the sites where you’re having this issue. If that’s possible, you can send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m going to mark this as resolved because I haven’t been able to reproduce the issue under any circumstances. Feel free to reach out with more details, or let me know if you’d like me to look at your specific install.
Love this Plugin. Great Job!
If this may help…?
I found out that it has something to do with filtering your Extensions’ list with I.E.: wp
01. Visit your Plugins’ listing page
02. Filter your Plugins’ list with, I.E.: wp
03. Try adding a Note to any of these Plugins in the list: will not work.
04. It only work when you have a full list of Plugins
- This reply was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by Anticosti.
Thank you very much for these details! I have a fix for the bug and will release an update within the next week or so.
Thanks again, @anticosti! I released an update that fixes the bug (1.1.2). I acknowledged you in the changelog.
Well, it looks like I missed your answer from 6 months ago, Jamie. Sorry for that!
Today I felt the urgent need to install your great plugin on another site. Some technical stuff that needed to be documented right beside a plugin …
I seem to love round brackets (not that I was aware of this before) — and I ran into the same problem I reported earlier. Round brackets again did not work.
If you are still interested I can give you backend access to one site where the problem still exists and that I will shut down anyhow. Just tell me and I will send you the credentials.
- The topic ‘Note is not saved’ is closed to new replies.