WordPress.org

Support

Support » Plugins and Hacks » Smart FAQ » [Resolved] Not working properly in IE7

[Resolved] Not working properly in IE7

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hi,
    I tested with IE7 using this tool http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage

    And also when in the newer versions of IE, when you press F12 you are offered developer tools where you can change the browser mode to IE7.
    In both cases it seemed to work ok. Maybe these tools do not perfectly mimic IE7’s interpretation of Javascript! could you please try them to confirm while using the default wordpress theme to eliminate 3rd party javascript issues.

    Hi BrooksX,

    First, thanks for the quick reply!

    I have tested in IE10, IE9, and IE8 with the browser in IE7 mode. I have also tested directly in IE7 via browserling.com. In each case the bug exhibits.

    The site has been live site for some time, the client just loaded your plug-in for a FAQ page. I have “limited” abilities to test the live version.

    I am going to try to pull a “copy” of the page to see if I can find a client-side conflict. (Since this sounds like a JS conflict, I may be able to trouble shoot it using a static HTML capture of the page.)

    Hi BrooksX,

    I thought I sent a message, but either imagined it, or it was removed. I edited the plugin files to change from using IDs on the wrapper DIVs to CLASSes, which resolved the issue on IE7.

    http://www.uscgccu.org/members-only/members-frequently-asked-questions/

    –Rob

    Actually that was an error on my part as opposed to the usual culprit Internet Explorer!! There was multiple use of the same ID on the same page. I have corrected it and updated the plugin files.
    Thanks for pointing that out hairydogdigital.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] Not working properly in IE7’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar